วันจันทร์ที่ 2 กรกฎาคม พ.ศ. 2555

Officially on the Neon Bandwagon

 I've been wanting to try the splatter nails for weeks. It looks easy enough on the youtube tutorials. You dont need to be able to draw. You dont need to be precise. And the end result looks complicated enough to strike my fancy. Lately, the neon trend has become very, very prominent and who am I to resist?  I'd like to think of myself as fair-skinned and able to pull off any color on my face, body, and nails but this time I kinda chickened out. I've just bought the neon orange and I dont think I could make it work so I thought this would be the perfect solution: neon splatter nails!! And I must say, ladies and gentlemen, I really do think I'm in love!!

Here are the colors I used. White as a base. Neons as the spatter. I ended up not usng the blue H&M one because the nails looked pretty full with 4 colors.

I ran out of those big kitchen towlette napkins so I used a piece of giftwrap paper instead, and boy, was I glad I did. No way could have the napkin been big enough to catch all the splatter! Here's the mess I made:


















I started off with green, then orange, then pink, then yellow, using regular drinking straws dipped in nail polish, splattering them with a blow and I'd have to say I was surprised to find that this nail art design was pretty damn hard. You had to have the right consistency of nail polish and the right amount of force when blowing the straws for it to splatter correctly. You also have to position the splatter so they create a multicolor design instead of one big pukey glob. It took me fooooreveeerrr and by forever I mean 1 hour and 40 minutes, the longest I've ever spent on my nails by far! This included the cleanup which was a bitch!

Still, the end results were amazing and dare I say, totally worth it. I've recieved lots of compliments from my friends today and one even asked me to splatter her nails!
 I'm kinda pissed my camera refused to capture the green. I assure you this looks sooo much better in person. I guess there was too much going on for the camera to handle, with the macro, the sun, and the bright colors. haha
 Here you see a bit of the neon green.
All in all, I'm very pleased with the results and cant wait to try this with different colors! I did find (towards the end) that applying the nail polish directly to the ends of the straws saved me some time and allowed me to better control the amount of nail polish and the size of the splatter. Next time though, I think I'll rub a bit of baby oil at the sides of my nails to save me a bit of cleaning time. I hope it wont mess things up! We'll see. For now I am very content and super excited to show off my nails to all who care to look. Happy happy happy. Definately a must-try.

Kiss Kiss
Miss Bunny

4 ความคิดเห็น:

  1. hardly see the green on your pattern, but it's beautiful enough as it is. :)
    How about taping your finger and leave the nail area to be splashed on? Have u try it before?

    ตอบลบ
  2. This is so cool! I am never patient enough to create such looks!

    XoXo
    Plami

    http://www.fashionthrill.com/

    ตอบลบ
  3. Oh I do love a splatter nail. I might have to try it with neon colours, yours look so pretty! x

    ตอบลบ